Original Recipe by Eleanor Arkhipova
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onions chopped
- 12 oz firm tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp vegan chicken bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives or parsley to garnish
- Sautee onions in olive oil in medium heat until translucent.
- Drain the tofu and squeeze out as much water from the block as much as possible. In a separate bowl, crumble the tofu with a fork then add to the pan. Mix.
- Add all the spices and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cook for five minutes adding more spice as necessary.
- Top with chives or parsley.
- Serve with vegan hot-dogs and avocado.
I like this version of the scrambled tofu. It packs so much flavor - then again, I LOVE spices and am not afraid to use it. Thus being said, the spices I used in the picture were double the amount indicated in the initial recipe above. It was delicious. My father-in-law actually thought it was scrambled eggs at first sight. I thoroughly enjoyed this breakfast. YUM!