Today's dish is a cabbage side from Ethiopia. Someday I'd like to travel there to learn of their culture and culinary. This recipe is delicious, healthy, and easy to make.
Ethiopian Cabbage Dish
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the carrots and onion in the hot oil about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, and cabbage and cook another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are soft, 20 to 30 minutes.